Saturday, December 31, 2011

T-LOG:SATdec31

Alright.  


It's time to see how my back feels with some heavy compressive forces on it.


Front Squat: 145x5, 235x3, 325x2
Back Squat: 415x2, 455x1, 505x1, 555x1, (add belt) 595x1, 645x1, 685x1, 700x1


685



700



***the 555 squat without a belt moved like a bodysquat but it hurt my lower back at the bottom.  At 595 with a belt on, there was zero pain.  My body, having normally being used to constantly lifting at a high intensity, high frequency, and relatively high volume, is not used to taking so much time off.  I felt very fired up today as my CNS was fresh.  Basically, how i would feel on COMPETITION DAY!!  Unfortunately, being 3 weeks out, the unplanned rebound effect may have happened too early and I hope that I can still manage to get more at the meet.  I am not sure how my back will handle the heavy sheering forces of deadlifting...and I might not find out until competition day.  I will play this one by ear.
700 x 1 is a gym PR.  It went up easily, although I did break my technique a bit, it still felt easy.  I would have liked to have done either more singles at 700 or even attempted 720....but I decided to stop being greedy and to just shut it down on a high note before the injury I am trying to recover from REALLY shows itself again.  I feel like I didn't even work out which I am not used to....I usually like feeling beat up and sore....but then again..I also highly disliked feeling disabled.  Not being able to sleep, put on your pants, or get in and out of your car .... (checking thesaurus) ....it simply SUCKS!!  So I am happy with today.


I think that Joffrey's advice on the foam rolling, stretching, exercises, and the treatments he gave me truly helped out a very speedy recovery.  Thank you Joffrey.


***LEARNED- Simply eating clean and training with a high intensity is not enough.  Foam rolling vigourously and religiously, massaging, epsom salt bathing, stretching, and staying loose are going to become almost as important as lifting the weights itself.....  I've been foam rolling and stretching for about 1 hour twice a day(morning and pre bed) since the injury, ....my quads haven't glided so nicely since my bobsleigh days....