Monday, October 10, 2011

T-LOG: WEDoct5th-SAToct8th

Wednesday, October 5th, 2011


My left tricep is in a lot of pain and I cannot stretch it nor press down in anyway that involves the lats yet I can press straight without too much pain.  So I did light bench pressing...the hardest part was unracking the weight.


Bench Press: 315 x 12 x 5 sets


Hand Stand 30s holds x 4 sets


DB Front raises: 40's x 30 x 2 sets








Thursday, October 6th, 2011


I was extremely excited for today because I was SUPPOSED to get my Okie deadlift bar today from UPS.  Needless to say....I did not.


Conventional Deadlift: 245x3, 335x3, 425x1, 515x1, 605x1, (add belt) 655x1, 710 x 1 x 4 sets
( My 1st set was very fast and strong off of the floor and then I lost the spring off of the floor in subsequent sets...I am hoping that using the Okie will help me practice with more weight)
Video of set 3



Video of set 4



GHD Situps(very strict and conrolled curling): 3 sets of 15 reps








Friday, October 7th, 2011


Tricep is getting a little less sore.  It still hurts to stretch it and last night trying to do levers on the rings and such during class irritated it a lot.  Benching still does not seem to hurt though.


Bench Press: 335 x 8 x 7 sets


Handstand Hold 40s: x 3 sets
DB Front raises: 40's x 30 x 2 sets
Rear Delt laterals: 40's x 50 x 2 sets








Saturday, October 8th, 2011


Well, the quad is still giving me a lot of issues.  Last week I accidentally misloaded and did a triple with 625, so the scheduled singles with 645 does not intimidate me nor my right quad today.  PLUS...since I am no longer competing at the WPC Worlds in Latvia, and my next competition allows kneesleeves...I am going to be wearing my rehbands and already know that things are going to feel better.  ( Knee sleeves give me a better sense of how deep I am...without them I bottom out in the squat and go very very deep...).   I still need to be careful of my right quad though, so controlled decents and not too fast up.


Front Squat: 135x5, 225x3, 315x2
Back Squat: 405x2, 455x1, 495x1, (add rehbands :))545x1, (add belt) 585x1, 620x1, 645 x 1 x 3 sets  ( They all felt easy and farely smooth with a little technical variance as my sore quad pushes me back into my hamstrings, ...but on my 4th set unracking the weight, my left quad started spazzing...and being the old man that I am becoming I decided not to say 'fuck it'...and cut my workout short...boring).  I think I would have had 7-10 singles in me before I started to feel a bit of a grind with this weight.