Thursday, October 13, 2011

T-LOG: THURSoct13th

Thursday, October 13th, 2011


I woke up this morning with my legs feeling even tighter than yesterday, my hamstrings in particular.  So tight that when I reach down to grab my shoes I get rebounded up to a standing position ( those who have had this will know what I mean and those who have never squatted or deadlifted a high intensity with a high volume will not).


So I was not sure how my deadlift would go.  I was thinking more that I would simply continue my 20lb incremental increase and do singles at 730lbs( if I could even move that)...and I was almost thinking of just saving it for Saturday instead since I am planning on doing Sam's (or Dr. Squat's) recommended compensatory acceleration workout(properly this time 5 by 5 in 25 minutes)...I could have deadlifted that day instead....but being the Jay Nera that I am and not liking to take days off I thought I would give it a try and see how it goes rather than lay down and cry all day.


Deadlift( ON MY NEW OKIE) : 245x4, 335x3, 425x2, 515x1, 605x1, (add belt) 655x1, 700x1, 730 x-, 730x1
*****I never really felt a difference in the bar and I moved about 20 lbs less than I had hoped...but my legs feeling so tight and sore I'm not too disappointed.  I'm going to reset my singles down to 660 and progress each week from there(660-680-700-720-740-760...)  There is still plenty of time to get my deadlift up and I should be focusing on healing up right now anyways.


DB bent over rows: 165 lbs x 20 x 2 sets each arm


Inverted Ring rows: 3 sets of 35 reps


DB reverse lateral raises: 40's x 40 reps


GHD Situps: 4 sets of 15


hang upside in my moon boots for 1 minutes x 2 sets