Wednesday, October 5, 2011

T-LOG: FRIsept30-TUESoct4

Popped my tricep doing skull crushers yesterday.  I think having not done them for a while, the extra stretch from the movement, and the ballistic way in which I was doing them = one unhappy tricep.  Not benching for a bit.

Quad update: 
-Rec Fem feels completely healed at the proximal insertion, so nice deep squats feel fine around the hips.  
-VMO tendon no longer hurts when I simply flex my quad
-pain in the muscle belly around the rec fem and lateralus(hard to pin point, but i think its the lateralis) has been kicking around....this quad has been quite recalcitrant and is really inhibiting both my progress and confidence....

Bottom line:  Injuries are fucking annoying.  But like most things that can blossom into a beautiful fruition.... they are fertilized with shit.  That is....  the bullshit adds character...or something like that.


 I am contemplating not going to the WPC Raw World Powerlifting Championships in Riga, Latvia, this November 18-22 for a few reasons.  It may not be as big as the 1st Raw World's in Russia because there are many huge meets around the same time and if my favourite lifter Andrey Belyaev(2028lbs raw no wraps @ 220) is not there then I do not want to make the trip.  Right now, my injuries are making me feel as though I will not be able to post the numbers I want to post.  Raw Unity 5 is only 9 weeks after and the 220 class is going to be amazing.  I am almost certain that 2000@220 is going to be broken by someone at that meet and I would like to be one of them.  So I am considering trying to make myself healthy so that I can defend the RUM Middleweight title against the likes of Sam Byrd and Jeremy Hamilton whom I expect will both be gunning for 2000 as well.  I would like to be the first North American to move 2000@220 legit.

After 6 months, Willbo and I are also expanding our club, Dynamo Fitness, another 2000 square feet and focusing on the business should be a priority for the next couple of months.  We want our Crossfit O-Town to keep growing and to make money doing something we love....so although I love powerlifting and chasing my own personal goals moving weight... I have to look at the big picture a little bit and understand that the lifestyle I am creating will allow me to chase other aspirations in the future.  It's not like holding off competing means holding off from training...


Tuesday, October 4th, 2011

Front Squat: 135x5, 225x3, 315x2
BackSquat: 405x2, 455x2, 495x1, 545x1, (add belt) 585x1, 625 x 3 ( misload was supposed to be 615), 615 x 3 x 4 sets

This is not bad.  With the injuries my quad has been going through I am happy with this today.  My technique is still a little bit hindered by the injury forcing my body to move away from the quads and towards the hammies and back more than I want.  Squatting the 625 for a triple by accident was actually kind of refreshing...reminds me of when my clients don't know how much weight is on the bar and I say "just shut up and go" and then they hit a huge PR simply because they don't know any better ;)




Monday, October 3rd, 2011

Bench Press: 135x8, 185x3, 225x3, 275x3, 315x1, 365x1, 385x1, 385+chains@60 x 3 x 6 sets

Skull Crushers: 165 x 15 x 1, .... on my second set around my 8th rep I felt a very different spasm/pull on the long head of my tricep.  A lot of pain any time I simply stretch my tricep or try to push down on anything.  Even hanging in a pullup position hurts slightly.  Ask me how exciting this is.


Saturday, October 1st, 2011

Front Squat: 135x5, 225x3, 315x2
Back Squat: 405x2, 455x2, 495x1, 545x1, (add belt)585x1, 605x1, 630 x 1 x 9 sets



Friday, September 30th, 2011

Bench Press: worked up to 440 x 1 (bar was misloaded a set before with 5 lbs heavier on one side so my shoulder was a little sore), decided to do some volume work 315 x 13 x 3 sets

Handstand Holds x 30 s x 4 sets
T-bar chins to belly x 25 x 4 sets