Monday, September 19, 2011

T-LOG: WEDsept14th-SATsept17th

This week's training was a little different because of a meet in Belleville forcing me to reorganize my week.  So I did my squats on Wed and Fri since I wouldn't be able to squat on Saturday.




Saturday, September 17th, 2011


Raw Female Best Lifter - 350-155-425.  


The Canadian Law Enforcement Games were held in Belleville Ontario today and I had the pleasure coaching our powerlifters( Jason Ingham, Wei Seah, Alyssa Smith) and also a couple of our crossfitters( Everett Sloan and Orlando Melendez).  Everyone hit some great PR's and also walked away learning a little bit.  Just like their coaches( Willie and I) all of our lifters(including the crossfitters) have great squats and deadlifts.....and decent benches. lol.  Alyssa and Wei got called for lifting their asses off the bench on their lifts....
Anyway, long story short....I woke up at 4:30am and got home at 9pm....long day.


I managed to get a slight workout in after the meet;
Bench: 415 x 2 x 3 sets ( bar was very bent and dangerous to use)
DL: there was 5 plates on the bar from the last warm up in the meet...and I was lazy...so i just repped it out a few times to get the blood moving.  1 set of 10 and a set of 5 ( no belt, no warm up lol)




Friday, September 16th, 2011


My VMO tendon is still bothering me but it seems to be fine if I execute my reps very slowly and not too aggressively.


Back Squat: 600 x 1 x 15 sets
( Although this is a weight that realistically I should be doing 5's or 6's with, I am happy to be squatting and hopeful that I will be moving some 'real' weight soon)


Bench Press: 405 x 3 x 3 sets ( could have kept going but I felt tired )








Thursday, September 15th, 2011


I wasn't feeling well today.  I am not sure if it is a cold I am coming down with, allergies....regardless, theres been a drastic change in the temperature lately and the gym is effin cold.


Ring Chins: 4 sets of 25 reps


Ring Handstand PU's: 2 sets of ten reps



I'll make a better video of this sometime.  i just don't want to interfere with my training for World's in Latvia.  Can't decide between a muscle up then 5 reps in the HSPU(I can probably do 3-4 cycles of that) or muscle up + HSPU as one rep for maybe 5.  hmmmmmm.  I think getting closer to a 500 pound bench is more important for me....but rings are fun to learn.








Wednesday, September 14th, 2011


Easy day.  Just focusing on nice slow reps to protect my injured quad.  And since 5 reps with such a low weight(70% my max) is not very taxing....I did a little volume.


Back Squat: 505 x 5 x 8 sets


Bench: 365 x 5 x 8 sets